Tooth & Nail Records signed The Letter Black (formally known as Breaking the Silence) just a few months ago. According to the band's myspace the meaning behind the name is that, "all of us go through different chapters in our lives. In these chapters we write letters of good and bad times. Some letters in our chapters we are happy to share. Others, we are not so proud of. The Letter Black reminds us of the past mistakes we have made and helps us remember to not keep making the same mistakes." Now this five piece band is hitting the ground running with their debut album due out September 22nd and embarking on the huge Awake and Alive Tour this fall with Skillet and Hawk Nelson.
This is a hard review for me since I can be fairly particular when it comes to female fronted bands. The lead singer is Sarah Anthony and her husband, Mark, joins in with some background vocals here and there. I like Sarah's voice on certain parts of some songs, like "Hanging on By a Thread" and "Best of Me" but other times it just doesn't do anything for me. The six songs on this album are filled with very meaningful lyrics which I greatly appreciate. Like in the song "Collapse," It didn't take long to forget what I once learned, I never believed that there was someone out there who loves me, Until I found the One who loves me as I am. I can't live without You. My heart will collapse into your hands. The Letter Black is definitely rocking it out the whole way through. "Best of Me" has a bit more of a pop feel to it, but the majority of the album is straight up rock and roll.
If you're a fan of the likes of Illia or Eowyn, I suggest you check out The Letter Black. To me they have very similar musical styles.
Find out more about The Letter Black:
The latest in music videos, music reviews and contest information. Plus, random stuff we find that we think you'll like. Check us out at http://www.purpledoorradio.com.
- ► 2010 (67)
- Interview with Josh from Nevertheless
- CD Review: The Letter Black "Breaking the Silence"...
- CD Review: Hawk Nelson "Live Life Loud"
- This is...HILARIOUS!
- New Music Video from Hawk Nelson!
- Interview with R-Swift at Purple Door 2009
- Skillet Music Video for "Hero"
- Music Video for Disciple's "Lay My Burdens"
- Interview with Run Kid Run at Purple Door 2009
- Go behind the scenes of the video shoot for Skille...
- Interview with Everyday Process at Purple Door 200...
- Interview with Deas Vail at Purple Door 2009
- CD Review: Thousand Foot Krutch "Welcome To The Ma...
- Interview with Seabird at Purple Door 2009
- Monster - New Music Video from Skillet!
- Children 18:3 Interview at Purple Door 2009
- ▼ September (16)