The latest in music videos, music reviews and contest information. Plus, random stuff we find that we think you'll like. Check us out at http://www.purpledoorradio.com.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

CD Review: Fair "Disappearing World"

As a fan of Fair's debut album, The Best Worst-Case Scenario, I'm finding it hard to find any dramatic difference between that album and their sophomore release, Disappearing World. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying that it is a bad thing, since I was absolutely in LOVE with their first album.

This album is great in the fact that it seems to be more piano driven than their last album mocking the sounds of bands such as Copeland and Deas Vail (including the light, higher pitched lead vocals of Aaron Sprinkle). The album also feels to have more depth using a stronger guitar presence and additional production to enhance their already kickin' sound.

Overall, another fantastic album from Fair! I look forward to seeing what they will come up with in the future.

★★★★★★★☆☆☆


(this secondary review provided by intern andrew jones)

Before being asked to write this review, I hadn't listened to any music by Fair. Now, having listened to this album I feel a pressing need to add some of their songs to my personal collection. There are a few songs, such as "Anymore" that I couldn't quite get in to, but I enjoyed some of the others like "Wayside," "Walking In My Sleep" and "The Escape Artist." All in all I found myself liking Disappearing World. It's songs are laid back and would be easy to listen to at pretty much any time of day. I look forward to seeing what else Fair has to offer.

★★★★★★★☆☆☆

Find out more about Fair here:


No comments:

Contributors